What is Clean Growth?
Clean growth essential means sustainable growth for business & the economy whilst reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
The UK Government’s strategy, unveiled in October 2017, sets out proposals for decarbonising all sectors of the UK economy through the 2020s. It explains how the whole country can benefit from low-carbon opportunities, while meeting national and international commitments to tackle climate change.
Decarbonising energy intensive industry is a significant challenge for the UK economy. Fuel switching, heat recovery, carbon capture, electrification, and hydrogen are key strategical goals for a lower carbon economy.
With resource scarcity & price security growing concerns, most UK industrial supply chains will need to engage with Clean Growth practices, developing new technical innovations & commercial models. Resource efficiency, circular economy principals, alternative materials & new distributive digital innovations will support some of the transition.
Control Point was established in 2015 with the purpose of supporting the rapid growth of Clean Growth services & technologies, on behalf of innovators, industry and investors.
As specialist development professionals we are highly versatile senior executives with extensive experience at a senior level covering roles in in general management, operations, business development, engineering, technical and compliance for public and private sector.
We have a successful track record of delivering growth, developing, delivering infrastructure projects, service models, developing multi-disciplinary teams, and developing stakeholder relationships.
Our vision is to be the most pioneering UK support services for the emerging clean growth sector, a team of business & industrial specialists with a strong environmental passion.
We accelerate the growth of innovative industry and environmental business, specifically clean growth ventures which contribute positively to both the UK economy & global environment.
Our service delivers prosperous and sustainable solutions for clients, addressing barriers, which prevent them reaching their goals, whether speeding insight, funding or deployment.
Values & Culture
- We generate collaborative solutions with our clients.
- Our dialogue is always open, respectful & creative.
- As specialists we will always maintain our professional integrity.
- We challenge our clients where appropriate & for the good its venture.
- Our solutions are robust, timely & add value for clients.
- We will communicate effectively with our clients, avoiding pitfalls, protracted timeframes or unnecessary costs.
- We are open, honest & resilient in our pursuit for service excellence.
- We are a highly creative solution provider, yet commercially minded.
- We maintain productive relationships with clients and key stakeholders.
- We are positive advocates for the Clean Growth sector, promoting our insights & success for the benefit of the wider business community.
- Our work will always be aligned with excellent environmental good management practices.